Monday, February 9, 2015

i was first in line!

I was first in line in bitter cold a few days ago for the estate sale in town.

Even arrived a half hour early....and lo and behold one other car was there. What got me was how ten other people showed up after that and proceeded to stand outside in subzero temps to be first in line.
really?
not happening! i walked up to the front of the line and looked inside....some old guy said he the line is back there....yeah...try messing with me.
i politely said well, i was in the parking lot for the past half hour to be first in line, and in fact that guy behind you was here even before me, the guy kinda ducked down embarrassed, but i said in fact you should be up here in front of me even....after thinking about it for a minute, he walked up in front of a couple people and stood next to me...
and we all proceeded to freeze for the next 12 minutes in the cold.

Why are people so dumb that we couldnt all just wait in our cars? that would have made more sense. So i get inside, and all the pyrex is marked skyhigh beyond belief and lots of it scratched and missing lids. well then....i did find a really cool vintage ottoman and while i was thinking about a mink stole for 16 dollars, another lady walked up and grabbed it. darn. guess there is no thinking when it comes to mink stoles...

I did buy the ottoman for 12 bucks. and know they go pretty well on ebay so wish me luck there. If you are in need of a really nice ottoman, i may just knock a bit off that high ebay price for you to get a great deal.

Went back a couple days later, and sure enough the pyrex was all more reasonably priced. i started filling boxes and met another collector who as i held my breath she reached for the one little promo in the whole bunch i was stacking up. ah well sometimes we have to share and i was glad to meet her and glad she got there when she did or that little promo would be sitting here too.  and it isnt like i knew the difference in what i was exactly buying at the time anyways so happy to share and learn from fellow collectors and new friends. . I will watch for more promos for sure. The estate sale guy brought me two really big boxes.

On my way out of that sale i couldn;t resist, and i wish i had a bigger kitchen which really sucks that i dont have one, but yes, i did buy a vintage table and chair set, but had no clue how i would ever get it home or why i bought it or what i would even do with it.

. While heading out to the car with all my dishes someone asked to buy the table and chairs from me. well, that worked out well! and even actually covered part of my pyrex purchase. quickest sale ever of the most beautiful yellow enamel and chrome vintage table i ever owned, for a few minutes...

three days later and I am still washing Pyrex. Does anyone ever get tired of it? lol.....no worries i took lots of breaks to do a few photo shoots of the new stuff.


gotta admit i have had this for awhile but didnt know it was called a creamer and opal at that . so here we have a Pyrex Creamer in opal. $10

Here I have grouped a couple of my ten cup corning ware percolators along with a corelle cup and the Federal glass set found at the estate sale. This stuff is heavy. and not pyrex....so moving on....

444 4 Qt. $20 small chip on handle, yeah like i said, the estate sale was filled with bad pyrex, is there such a thing?...but i still bought as much as i could.

442 1 1/2 Qt. 

it is a good thing people me included love turquoise...which is what drew me to this pattern...am not amish, but certainly love the colors of this butterprint pattern.442 1 1/2 Qt. $18


Large Pyrex mixing bowl 444 4 Qt $25



475 B 2 1/2 quart $20
honestly? this looks like a sort of quilt pattern..Can't very well call it a pyrex quilt though right? which would be pretty cool if there were quilts with pyrex patterns on them. Has anyone created those yet?


474 B $10

475 B Pyrex $10


Shiny red slight blemishes no chips. 444 4 qt pyrex $30


471 1 pint with 28 470-c pyrex lid $15

045 2 1/2 quart. $30 omg! just realized my grand daughter may only be 5 years old, but snowflakes means only one thing, Frozen by Disney....she actually will force me to act out the entire movie scene by scene....sigh....she does tell me my lines too..someday years from now, she will most likely love snowflake dishes simply to remind her of her childhood hope the snowflake pyrex is still around. :)


being a vintage dish collector, who could ever pass this stuff up? yes, i did find my first gay fad bowl

Good color! fire king oven ware mixing bowl about 1.5 liters or just over 4 cups. $15

and that is about it for the estate sale, not counting the rest i haven't photographed yet! ;).  yes it will be awhile before it is all listed. 


so back to that after i rest for awhile...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment here! :) and if needed send me an email to sunnydays140@aol.com.